Table Of Contents
What is skin lightening?
Who would not dream for a clean, clear, flawless and light skin? Skin lightening is a process of removing pigmentation and tan that is caused by excess exposure to hot sun.
When exposed to sun rays, the melanin in the skin is produced more in order to protect the skin from harmful rays. This excess production of melanin results in tanning the skin, making it look darker than the normal one.
Natural gifts that lighten skin
A variety of natural products are present in nature that help in lightening your skin texture, leaving it flawless. All these cost you very less and are available in your home. Skin lightening treatments gives you 3 to 4 shades of lighter skin than your normal one. Also, the treatment clears and reduces blemishes and scars from the root levels.
Some of the best recipes are:
- Almonds And Milk – Almonds work great in skin lightening treatment. Soak few almonds overnight and grind to a smooth paste. Mix one tablespoon of the fresh almond paste with 7 to 8 drops of raw milk and apply all over the face. Wait for 10 minutes and rinse gently while rubbing the mask in circular motion. Repeat thrice a week for best results.
- Lemon, Turmeric And Yoghurt – Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and processes acidic properties that help in lightening the skin texture. When lemon juice is mixed with yoghurt, the mixture acts as a natural bleach. Turmeric has antiseptic properties and at the same time, lightens skin. Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of yoghurt, to make a soft paste. Apply the pack and wait until it dries. Rinse off with plain water and pat dry. Repeat the treatment thrice a week for best results.
- Honey, Lemon And Milk – Honey and lemon act as natural bleaching agents and milk acts as a natural cleanser. Mix equal quantities of honey, lemon juice and milk and apply the mixture as a thin layer over the face. Wait until the mask dries and rinse off with lukewarm water, followed by cold water. Repeat at least twice a week for best results.
- Gram Flour, Honey And Rosewater – Gram flour acts as a natural scrub and also helps in lightening the skin. Mix one tablespoon of gram flour with one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of rosewater and make a smooth paste. Apply the pack on the face, avoiding the area around eyes. Wait until it dries and then rinse off with plain water. You can repeat once a week to see best results.
- Orange, Yoghurt And Turmeric – Orange juice has acidic properties and acts as a bleaching agent when mixed with yoghurt. Mix one teaspoon of orange juice with one teaspoon of thick yoghurt and quarter teaspoon of turmeric. Make a thin paste and apply as a mask all over the face. Rinse off with plain water and pat dry. Repeat twice a week for best results.
Home remedies are best and inexpensive
Today’s cosmetic industry is ruling the world with skin lightening products. They are very expensive and contain harsh chemicals that go deep into the skin pores to reduce the melanin levels.
However, they are a great threat of major damage to the skin, in the long run. High levels of beaching agents are added to such products to give instant results.
Therefore, you can follow simple home remedies that are inexpensive, harmless and work effectively to give you great results.